Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Wholesome Almond White Chocolate Cookies

Today I have a little something to give your body a break from all the rich, wonderful holiday food this week if it needs it. I wanted to make a cookie that would satisfy my sweet tooth, but still provide my body with some nutrition. So I came up with these Wholesome Almond White Chocolate Cookies. I used what I had on hand, but I think dark chocolate would be great too or dried fruit like cranberries or raisins to make them even healthier. The batter isn't super sweet, but I think with the white chips it's a perfect balance. Also, the texture of the cookies is more of a cakish/muffinish cookie than a dense chewy cookie. If that strikes your fancy then here's your recipe.




Wholesome Almond White Chocolate Cookies

1/4 cup butter, softened
2 mashed bananas
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups oats
1 1/2 cups whole wheat baking flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup slivered almonds
3/4 cup white chocolate chips

In a large bowl mix butter, bananas and brown sugar until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add but do not mix yet, oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda. Now mix them all in together (I find that this method prevents the need for dirtying two bowls but has the same effect). Add in almonds and chocolate chips. 
Drop spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. 


So tell me, what's your preference for cookie textures cakey or chewy?

No comments:

Post a Comment