Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Artisan Bread in 5

I know there are several copies of this floating around the web, but I have been loving the Artisan Bread in 5 recipe. It's such an easy way to have fresh bread with minimal work and minimal time!

It literally takes about 5 minutes to mix up and the dough lasts for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Per usual, I don't follow it to the letter - I usually bake it at 350 degrees and forego the the pan of water in the over. Using half white and half wheat works well too, but sometimes requires a bit more water to be used.

Here are some of my favorite variations to the recipe so far:

Italian Herb Bread - starting with the basic bread dough add 
1.5 - 2 TBSP of Italian seasoning
1 tsp of garlic 
sprinkle loaf with a bit of garlic salt prior to baking for an extra touch

Rosemary Bread - starting with the basic bread dough add 
2 TBSP dried rosemary 
1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
Serve with olive oil for dipping.

Garlic Thyme Bread - starting with the basic bread dough add 
1.5 TBSP dried thyme
1 tsp of garlic


Soon I want to try it for pizza dough so I will let you know how it goes when that happens.

Now go bake some bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment