Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pumpkin Cottage Cheese Muffins



I started out wanting to make these Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins, but per my usually style I didn't have all the ingredients I needed. So instead of waiting to go the store I reengineered the recipe a bit and came up with these Pumpkin Cottage Cheese Muffins.



Pumpkin Cottage Cheese Muffins
2 Tbsp oil
1/4 c. plain yogurt
1/4 c. brown sugar (increase sugar to 1/3-1/2 c. for a sweeter muffin)
1 mashed banana
1 c. pumpkin purée
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1 c. cottage cheese
2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon 
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp allspice

Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Add dry ingredients and mix until just blended. Scoop into greased, paper lined or silicon muffin pans. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until centers are no longer sticky.


I have to admit I still really want to try the original recipe, too. Sweet potatoes in a muffin just sounds yummy!


2 comments:

  1. MMM these sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks if you make them you'll have to let me know what you think!

      Delete