Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

5 Minute Ribbon Holder

I've really been into quick, easy projects lately. Might have something to do with a certain 5.5 month old monopolizing my time...

Actually, this little project came about because I was fed up with not being able to find my sewing table. It was buried under piles of supplies that had no home so I decided it was time to build a home at least for my ribbon spools.

Wood scraps from the shop + 5 minutes = no more spools of ribbon scattered across my table. Why I did not do this sooner, I do not know.




5 Minute Ribbon Holder

Supplies:
1 - 1x4 scrap (approx 3.5" long)
1 - 1/4 inch dowel (mine was about 12" long but longer or shorter would work just as well)
wood glue

Drill a 1/4 hole in the center of your 1x4 for the dowel to fit into. Glue dowel in place. Let dry. Add ribbon spools and admire your newly tidied work space.

Would it be cute painted a fun color? Absolutely! Will I ever get around to it? Probably not. Thankfully that does not affect its functiionality.





No comments:

Post a Comment