Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hawaiian Chili


I have a recipe creation to share with you all from last night. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I meshed ideas from a few different sources added in my own twist and this was the result.

Hawaiian Chili

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can (28 oz) baked beans ( I used Bush's Onion Baked Beans)
2 cans (14 oz) kidney beans
2 cans (28 oz) chopped tomatoes
2/3 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained (the whole can would probably be fine too if you like pineapple)
1 heaping tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder (adjust to your spiciness preference)
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
1 tsp thyme 

Brown ground beef and onion. Drain fat if neccessary. Add remaining ingredients. Let simmer for at least 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve and enjoy.

(This makes a fairly large pot of chili. It works great at our house since hubby is a chili lover, but don't say you weren't warned!)


No comments:

Post a Comment