Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Shutter-Turned-Bookshelf

I am SO excited to share my latest wood working project with you! A new bookshelf/cupboard for the living room created during nap times last week. (Note: projects definitely take longer with a little one around)


We had a couple of old shutters laying around and I've been trying to come up with the perfect way to use them. We've also been wanting a skinny bookshelf for the living room. With the help of some some "Pinspiration" I designed this little gem to satisfy both needs.


Since the shutter is old and distressed, I wanted to the bookshelf to match so I broke out the hammer, screws and other random tools and went to town on the surface! (I must admit I may have enjoyed this a bit too much...) I coated the shelf with a Dark Walnut stain and put three layers of clear sealer on the shutter to keep the paint from chipping any further.


So yep, that's that. I am slightly in love with it. I can't wait to find the fun, funky knob to add to the shutter, too. I'm thinking something with a pop of color, maybe an aqua or teal. Or red. Red is always good.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment