Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Irish Soup




I'll be honest. I didn't have any high hopes for this recipe. Ham, potatoes and cabbage were all on sale from St. Patty's day so I threw a soup together to fill the holes on a budget and hopefully taste ok in the process. I think it far surpassed that, though. It turned out really good! My hubby isn't always a big soup fan, especially not a brothey soups, but he said it was great. So, I figured I should write it down so I at least have a chance at recreating it again someday.

Irish Soup

6 c. water
4 tsp. beef bullion
1 lb. cooked ham, diced (I used deli ham)
1 small green cabbage, chopped
3-5 potatoes, diced
garlic powder
thyme
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Simmer on medium for at least 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. 

*It goes well with a loaf of warm, crusty bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment