Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Upcycled Onesie Project

You will quickly realize that 99% of my DIY projects come from trying to take what I've got and turn it into what I need (or just want!). Today's need: cloth diaper and EC friendly outfits.

We are cloth diapering Miss T and also starting to work on Elimination Communication neither of which are very conducive to the onesies that a part of nearly all baby outfits. The bulk of the cloth diaper means extra length is required to fit over them and with EC quick, easy diaper access is crucial. So, I decided it was time to whip out the scissors and the sewing machine and start making alterations to some of Miss T's onesies.

I used this tutorial from Make It and Love It to turn three onesies into three adorable dresses perfect for cloth diaper and EC use. It was so quick and easy (well, except for the first one which I had to re-do three times, but that was totally operator error, not poor instructions!) and I love the way they turned out! No fancy sewing required.





Next step is to finish her leggings to make sure she is nice and warm this winter. I'll be back with those once they are done... 

Any other suggestions out there for easy EC clothing or upcycled onesie projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment