Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Soy Banana Bread

I am always on the look out for a new, healthy banana bread recipe to try. However, I often fall back on this Soy Banana Bread recipe as a tried and true favorite. A friend first shared it with me several years ago and now I'd want to pass it on to all of you! And don't be scared away by the soy flour, it can easily be swapped out with regular wheat flour. I do love that it adds some extra protien to an otherwise carb- heavy snack though so if you're feeling adventurous give a try!

Soy Banana Bread

Sift together:
1cup + 2 Tbsp Soy Flour
1 1/3 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (or 1 cup white flour and 1/3 cup bran)
2 3/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 cup Sugar (I often cut this down)

Add in:
1/4 cup Oil (or 2 Tbsp Oil and 2 Tbsp Yogurt)
1 Egg, beaten
1/3 cup Milk
1 cup Mashed Bananas (2-3)
1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (option)

Mix until just moistened. Spread into a greased 9x5 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes. Enjoy!


So do you have a favorite go-to snack bread recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment