Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thoughts of Spring

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, and today I decided it was time to go ahead and do it. I can't say how often I'll write, or what I shall really be writing about. As the title Little Pleasures suggests, though, I want it to be a place to write about the small joys in life. I personally want to grow better at find the little pleasures in everyday life that make it so lovely and here I shall have a place to share them as well.

It is the middle of January and there is presently about 2 1/2 feet of snow covering the ground. An odd time to think about gardening, but that is exactly where my thoughts have been drifting lately. I have grand visions of growing lush tomato plans (I'm quite excited about the idea, now that I actually like tomatoes!), lots of basil, squash, spinach and many of the other bounties of summer (space may dictate I reduce my grand schemes, but I shall deal with that when the time comes). Seeing as how I can hardly keep a house plant alive, I'm not sure how well my plans will turn out in all actuality, but I have a friend who considers herself a master gardner so I am hoping I can learn much from her. I spent some time yesterday researching seeds and found a great company called Seed Trust that specializes in heritage seeds as well as high elevation seeds, both of which interest me. We shall see what actually happens, but meanwhile I shall keep dreaming of my bountiful crops of tomatoes, basil and squash this summer and all the delectable things I could make out of them.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! Welcome to the blogosphere, sis! LOVE your background. Excellent job with the set-up. I like your theme, too--it's so easy to overlook the simple pleasures in life and get caught up in all the busyness. Thanks for the reminder to stop and smell the daisies. =)

    ReplyDelete