Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

No Sew Baby Mobile

I know this is back tracking a bit, but I want to record some of the projects I did for Bambina's nursery for future reference since the whole thing is pretty much DIY. Her mobile was one of the first things I made and I used the scrapbook paper I found for it as the color scheme for the rest of the room. 


I got the basic idea from this cute mobile, but instead of fabric and sewing I went with glue and paper.

Supplies:
Ribbon (approx. 11 feet)
Double-sided Scrapbook Paper (enough for 28 1.5" circles)
Craft Glue
8" diameter cross stitch hoop
Jute or extra ribbon for hanging

Directions:
1. Find some coordinating paper that you love (mine was double sided which worked out great) and cut out 28 circles approximately 1.5" diameter.

2. Cut four pieces of ribbon at 17" and four at 14.5". I used two different colors, but you could use all one, too.

3. Glue four circles to each 17" ribbon and three circles on each 4.5" ribbon. I spaced them so the three circles on the short ribbon matched the three spaces on the long ribbon. Be sure to leave about 2" at the top of your ribbon for folding over and gluing to the hoop.

4. Remove the outer circle from your cross stitch hoop and discard or set aside for future crafting project of your choice. Fold about an inch from the top of your ribbon over the inner circle of cross stitch hoop and glue in place. Repeat 7 times, spacing the ribbon evenly around the hoop.

5. Using more ribbon or jute, tie three strands around the top of the hoop. Knot together in the center. Cut as long or short as desired for hanging.

It's that simple! I was pretty pleased with the way in turned out and love the extra color it brought into the nursery.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment